GIRARD, Ohio (WKBN) – Billy Skripac scored four touchdowns (two passing, two rushing) in a 34-6 South Range victory over Cardinal Mooney Friday night to advance the Raiders in the Division V Ohio High School Football Playoffs.
#1 South Range (13-0) will take on #3 Perry (11-2) next week in the regional final. Perry defeated Garaway 27-17.
The Raiders’ defense held Mooney on a 4th and inches play at their own one-yard line in the second quarter. South Range then drove 99 yards down the field, capping it with a Skripac one-yard touchdown run to give them their first lead of the game.
Their second score was also set up by their defense, Brady Crumbacher’s interception ultimately led to a Skripac touchdown pass to J.D. Crouse.
Mooney opened up the scoring in the second half with an Ashton O’Brien one-yard touchdown run.
Skripac’s second touchdown pass of the game came in the third quarter, going to Ayden Leon.
Skripac’s second rushing touchdown of the game extended the Raiders’ lead to three scores.
Get caught up on South Range football:
- South Range High School Football Schedule
- Remish, Skripac lead South Range to another blowout win
- South Range shuts out Hubbard to secure another undefeated regular season
Get caught up on Cardinal Mooney football:
- Cardinal Mooney High School Football Schedule
- 2nd half shutout leads Cardinal Mooney to win over Lake Catholic
- Re-watch: Cardinal Mooney vs. Ursuline high school football on Game of the Week
Get updated high school football scores throughout the season on the WKBN scores page.
Track the latest conference battles on the WKBN high school football standings page.
You can also watch interviews and get player profiles from some of the best players in the Valley by visiting the WKBN Big 22 page.