HOWLAND, Ohio (WKBN) – The Howland high school football team will kick off playoff action Friday night as they travel to Akron to face Buchtel (2-0) at 7 p.m.
Watch the video above to hear from head coach Steve Boyle and lineman Keagan Landfried.
Howland (3-3) is the 17-seed in Division 3, Region 9 while Buchtel is the 16-seed.
Howland has won back-to-back games as they enter the postseason with wins against Youngstown East (35-21) and rival Warren JFK (32-22).
The Tigers three losses come from teams with a combined 13-5 record.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Global carbon emissions decreased by 6.4% amid COVID pandemic
- Last week saw highest ever level of global COVID cases over 7-day period
- 1 dead, 2 injured in New York supermarket shooting; police searching for suspect
- ‘She was so embarrassed’: Man says another student, teacher cut 7-year-old daughter’s hair without permission
- Fast-tracked release of migrants without court notices surpasses 15,300, Texas Democrat confirms