COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — Ohio State University was ranked fourth in the College Football Playoff Rankings.
The first rankings of the season were released Tuesday night.
Ohio State is ranked third in the Associated Press Top 25 and the coaches poll this week. Both polls have the same top four: Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Clemson, with those same four teams coming in 1-4 in the CFP rankings.
The full first rankings are:
- Notre Dame
- Ohio State
- Texas A&M
- Iowa State
- North Carolina
- Costal Carolina
- Oklahoma State
The Buckeyes made the playoff last season, falling 29-23 to Clemson in a semifinal in a game played at the Fiesta Bowl.
The Buckeyes (4-0) lead the East Division in the Big Ten. The conference championship game is scheduled for Dec. 19 in Indianapolis.
This year, the playoff semifinals are scheduled to take place on Friday, Jan. 1 in the Rose Bowl and the Sugar Bowl. The championship game is scheduled for Monday, Jan. 11 in Miami Gardens, Florida.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Dramatic images show bus hanging off New York City overpass; driver refuses drug test
- Gov. Wolf: $2.2 billion in COVID-19 funds for K-12 schools
- Crews demolish Atlantic Beverage building in Warren
- Mother and daughter reunite following COVID separation
- DC takes ‘aggressive posture’ on security ahead of Inauguration Day