JACKSONVILLE, Florida (WKBN) – Former Ohio State Head Coach Urban Meyer has been officially hired as the new head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars.
The 56-year old won three college national championships, including the 2014 title at Ohio State. He led the Buckeyes to a record of 83-9 in seven seasons.
It is Meyer’s first job in the NFL after posting a record of 187-32 in time spent at Ohio State, Florida, Utah and Bowling Green. Meyer led the Florida Gators to national championships in both 2006 and 2008.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- Warmer temperatures coming soon
- Highlights: McDonald Girls clinch first trip to state final four since 1991
- Chaney coach celebrates second straight district title
- Player of the Game: Chaney’s Sharrod Taylor