YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Cardinal Mooney blanked rival Ursuline 3-0 in the Division III Boys Soccer District Semifinal Tuesday evening.
Savvas Pizanias, Brian Philibin, and Justin Durkin tallied goals for the Cardinals in the win. Philibin and Christopher Philibin also recorded assists for Mooney.
The Cardinals held a 22-2 advantage in shots. Mooney goalkeeper Aidan Vargo finished with three saves.
Ursuline’s Zack Pipala tallied 15 saves. The Irish end the season with a record of 8-8-2.
Mooney improves to 12-2-4. The Cardinals advance to face Columbiana in the Division III District Final Saturday at 1 p.m. at YSU.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- AstraZeneca, EU both claim a win in vaccine delivery tussle
- Report: Ashtabula man faces charges after breaking into Campbell home, resisting arrest
- Republicans point to inflation in bid to retake Congress
- Newsfeed Now: Juneteenth becomes national holiday; Cave visitors experience rare fog phenomenon
- Pennsylvania unemployment dropped under 7% for May