LEXINGTON, Ohio (WKBN) – Howland topped Lima Shawnee 3-0 in the Division II State Semifinals Wednesday night at Lexington High School.
The Tigers got on the board in the first half when Gabriel Altawil’s shot went off a defender and into the goal to open the scoring.
Howland added another on a Tristen Rose goal. Jordan Sperling also scored in the second half to cap off the scoring for the Tigers.
With the win, Howland improves to 21-0-1 on the season. The Tigers will face Tipp City Tippecanoe (23-0) in the Division II State Championship game Saturday at 4 p.m. at MAPFRE Stadium in Columbus.
It is a rematch of last year’s state championship game, which Howland lost, 1-0.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- U.S. House passes bill that would prohibit public contact with big cats, like tigers
- 12-year-old boy accepted to Georgia Tech; hopes to become aerospace engineer
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas
- Not as cold as you head out Friday morning
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video