POLAND, Ohio (WKBN) – Two years ago, Chaney and Poland met in a thrilling district championship tilt.
Now, let the cameras roll as they’ll do it again.
During this playoff run, Chaney has scored an average of 82 points, while Poland has allowed just 36 points. Something has to give.
The Game of the Week takes place at Poland High School this Saturday afternoon with the district crown on the line.
You can watch the ‘Game of the Week’:
Digital over the air at 33.2
Armstrong Cable Channel 13 and 108
Comcast Cable Channel 3
Direct TV Channel 15
MyYTV – Spectrum Channel 997 or 1008
High School Boys’ Basketball Game of the Week
Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 4 pm (LIVE on MyYTV)
Chaney (11-6) at Poland (16-3)
*Live streamed on WKBN.com, tape delayed on MyYTV at 10 pm
Mar. 9, 2019 – Poland, 69-57 (OT) – District Championship
Two years ago, the Bulldogs received a game-high 32-point performance by Daniel Kramer to push Poland past Chaney in overtime – 69-57. Braeden O’Shaughnessy also added 22 for the Bulldogs. Chaney was paced by Sharrod Taylor’s 20 points.
Scoring Offense: Chaney, 69.4; Poland, 58.1
Scoring Defense: Poland, 44.4; Chaney, 59.5
- Chaney is the defending district champion. The Cowboys, a year ago, held off Struthers – 53-50 – behind Travis Easterly’s 19 points to win the Boardman District.
- On Thursday, Chaney advanced to the district final by topping West Branch at home – 73-41. Sharrod Taylor and Quincy Jones led the Cowboys with 18 and 16 points, respectively.
- The Cowboys have won seven of eight games where they score 70 points or more this year.
- Poland has won eight games in a row since falling in back-to-back contests against Struthers and Springfield in mid-January. During this streak, Poland has not allowed a single opponent to score more than 45 points.
- Ken Grisdale became the 47th coach in the state of Ohio to reach 500 wins on January 26 when the Bulldogs topped Jefferson, 64-45.
- In the district semifinal, Poland held off a late rally by Louisville to win 53-43 to move onto host Chaney on Saturday. Christian Colosimo scored 14 of his team-high 16 points in the first three quarters. Brody Todd and Ross Dedo added 11 and 10 points apiece.
- The Bulldogs are 14-0 when holding their opponents to 55 points or less.
2021 Division II – Northeast 2 District Field
Sectional Semifinal (Feb. 23)
Lakeview 54 Howland 45
Louisville 63 NDCL 44
Salem 61 Girard 41
West Branch 71 Hubbard 36
Chaney 83 West Geauga 45
Sectional Championship (Feb. 26)
Poland 54 Lakeview 29
Louisville 75 Salem 61
West Branch 58 Marlington 50
Chaney 91 Edgewood 43
District Semifinals (Mar. 4)
Poland 53 Louisville 43
Chaney 73 West Branch 41
District Championship (Mar. 6)
Chaney at Poland