BEREA, Ohio (WJW)– The Cleveland Browns signed running back Dontrell Hilliard from the practice squad, the team announced on Wednesday.
The Browns originally singed Hilliard, who’s in his third season out of Tulane, as an undrafted free agent in 2018. He appeared in 25 games with the Browns, logging 13 carries for 49 yards with two touchdowns.
But he was mostly a return man. He returned 28 kickoffs for an average of 24.4 yards and six punts for 7.1 average yards. Hilliard also recorded 13 special teams tackles.
This comes after Cleveland lost wide receiver and return specialist JoJo Natson for the season. He suffered a torn knee ligament in Sunday’s win over the Washington Football Team
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- Warmer temperatures coming soon
- Highlights: McDonald Girls clinch first trip to state final four since 1991
- Chaney coach celebrates second straight district title
- Player of the Game: Chaney’s Sharrod Taylor