It comes after the team learned of a positive test and closed their training facility in Berea Friday morning.
The Browns said they conducted contact tracing and found no high-risk close contacts. Cornerback Denzel Ward and linebacker Sione Takitaki were cleared as possible close contacts, but not in time for practice at 3 p.m., according to head coach Kevin Stefanski.
“We just try to follow all the protocols to a T. We met virtually this morning, which we were doing already. We just basically had to push back the day a little bit. Obviously, every single day, it is part of how we operate. I think also a big part of this is not having any high-risk close contact is really a main goal of ours today and moving forward every day. It is something we take very seriously,” Stefanski said.
Cleveland hosts the Houston Texans at 1 p.m. Sunday. You can catch all the action right here on FOX 8.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Mahoning County Court in Austintown closed until Dec. 1
- Community bids farewell to Warren firefighter who lost life to COVID-19
- East Liverpool schools going remote until Jan. 18
- Sunbeam recalls 940,000 crock-pots ahead of Thanksgiving due to burn risk
- Lawmakers push to pass COVID-19 relief bill before the end of the year