CHAMPION, Ohio (WKBN) – Champion High School announced several schedule changes to upcoming athletic events on Wednesday. The school cited “health concerns” as the reason for the changes.
Champion’s varsity football game against Brookfield has been postponed and rescheduled for Friday, Oct. 23.
The following boys and girls soccer and volleyball competitions have also been postponed:
- Boys Soccer: Champion vs. Newton Falls on Sept. 23 has been canceled
- Girls Soccer: Champion vs. Newton Falls on Sept. 23 will be rescheduled for a later date
- Volleyball: Champion vs. Liberty on Sept. 24 rescheduled for Monday, Oct. 5
- Girls Soccer: Champion vs. Lakeview on Sept. 26 has been canceled
- Boys Soccer: Champion at Lakeview on Sept. 26 has been canceled
School officials announced Tuesday that a student in their athletic program tested positive for COVID-19.
More headlines from WKBN.com: