Chubb was injured in the first quarter of Cleveland’s win over Dallas on Oct. 4. He missed four games with a sprained knee.
“I’d say I’m hopeful, but I want to see this week plays out,” Stefanski told reporters during a Zoom call on Thursday.
Stefanski said they will check in with Chubb and the training staff, and wait until Friday to make a determination. The Pro Bowler wore a knee brace in practice this week.
As for other injuries, Stefanski said he is also hopeful guard Wyatt Teller will be able to play and defensive end Myles Garrett should be good to go.
The 5-3 Browns host the 2-6 Houston Texans following a bye week at 1 p.m. Sunday. Be sure to watch the game right here on FOX 8 News.
More stories from WKBN.com:
- Mahoning County Court in Austintown closed until Dec. 1
- Community bids farewell to Warren firefighter who lost life to COVID-19
- East Liverpool schools going remote until Jan. 18
- Sunbeam recalls 940,000 crock-pots ahead of Thanksgiving due to burn risk
- Lawmakers push to pass COVID-19 relief bill before the end of the year