Chubb was injured in the first quarter of Cleveland’s win over Dallas on Oct. 4. He missed four games with a sprained knee.
“I’d say I’m hopeful, but I want to see this week plays out,” Stefanski told reporters during a Zoom call on Thursday.
Stefanski said they will check in with Chubb and the training staff, and wait until Friday to make a determination. The Pro Bowler wore a knee brace in practice this week.
As for other injuries, Stefanski said he is also hopeful guard Wyatt Teller will be able to play and defensive end Myles Garrett should be good to go.
The 5-3 Browns host the 2-6 Houston Texans following a bye week at 1 p.m. Sunday. Be sure to watch the game right here on FOX 8 News.
More stories from WKBN.com:
- Valley lacrosse teams set for postseason as brackets are released
- Northeast District brackets released for Division II, III, IV at Cene Park
- NY shooting victim: ‘I just dropped to the ground and was asking for help’
- Record-breaking cold for Mother’s Day 2021
- House Republicans to vote on Rep. Liz Cheney’s fate in coming week