YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – This year marks the 15th season for our WKBN Big 22, one of the most prestigious high school football awards in the state. Our preseason contenders include:
Ursuline High School Quarterback
Watch the video above to hear from our Big 22 Contender.
Every Monday at 6 p.m. on WKBN-TV we will highlight some of the area’s top players from Friday night. These are contenders for our Big 22.
At the end of the season, we honor 22 of the best high school players from the 57 local teams in our coverage area, as voted on by the head coaches and members of the local media.
We invite the winners to our banquet in December, where we will also crown our WKBN Big 22 Ohio and Pennsylvania Player of the Year.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Social media and COVID shaming: Fighting a toxic combination
- 2020 Candidate for House Rep., Ohio’s 14th District: David Joyce
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday: State surpasses 150K COVID-19 cases
- Charles Barkley on defunding the police: ‘Who are Black people supposed to call? Ghostbusters?’
- Rachel L. Wilder, Youngstown, Ohio