Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- A Warm Friday – Showers or storms return Friday night
- Crestview hopes to utilize ‘team speed’ against Garfield; Cusick & Powell discuss Saturday’s playoff matchup
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Instant Poll: Who won the Presidential Debate?
- ‘One game at a time’: Mineral Ridge confident after big win in tournament opener