HARRISBURG, Pa. (WKBN) – The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation has imposed a full commercial vehicle ban some highway sin the eastern portion of the state.
The restrictions bans all double trailers (regardless of whether they are equipped with chains), empty trailers, non-commercial vehicles pulling trailers, recreational vehicles and motorcycles on these interstates:
● Interstate 81 north of the junction with Interstate 80 to the New York border.
● Interstates 84 and 380 in northeast Pennsylvania.
● Interstate 476, the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, north of the Pocono/Clark Summit exit for Interstate 80.
Additionally, in response to a full commercial vehicle ban that has been instituted on Interstates 78 and 80 in New Jersey, Level 1 and 2 restrictions are in place:
● Interstate 80 Eastbound from Interstate 81 to the New Jersey border.
● Interstate 78 Eastbound from Interstate 81 to the New Jersey border.
● US 22 from Interstate 78 to the New Jersey border in both directions.
● The entirety of State Route 33 in both directions.
Interstates 78 and 80 in the west bound direction will remain unrestricted unless conditions warrant implementation of restrictions.
Speed limits will be reduced to 45 miles per hour and commercial vehicles must move to the right lane. Additional speed restrictions could be added, depending on conditions.