WASHINGTON (AP) – The Supreme Court has rejected Republicans’ last-gasp bid to reverse Pennsylvania’s certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the electoral battleground.
The court without comment Tuesday refused to call into question the certification process in Pennsylvania.
Gov. Tom Wolf already has certified Biden’s victory and the state’s 20 electors are to meet on Dec. 14 to cast their votes for Biden.
Biden won 306 electoral votes, so even if Pennsylvania’s results had been in doubt, he still would have more than the 270 electoral votes needed to become president.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Watch: WKBN’s Dee Crawford sits down with local civil rights activist Dr. Ron Daniels
- Biden hails House passage of $1.9T virus bill, now to Senate
- Sexton, Garland help Cavaliers upset 76ers in OT
- Valley bowlers finish strong at state championships
- New York takes home win streak into matchup with Pittsburgh