CANTON, Ohio (WKBN) – Police in Canton Township say the driver of a car crashed into a home, and injured a teen.
It happened on Saturday night. Troopers say 38-year-old Jessica Shaw was speeding and headed northbound on State Route 800. That’s when she left the side of the roadway and went airborne.
The car then slammed into the house.
“I think anyone’s impression when they see the photos of the scene after the vehicle had been removed was just awe and gratefulness that nobody was fatally injured. This could have been an absolutely unnecessary tragedy,” said Sgt. Ray Santiago.
The house sustained extensive damage.
Shaw is facing several charges, including OVI.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- PA Department of Health gives 2-day update of over 5,000 new COVID-19 cases, 29 deaths
- Roadway closed after explosives found during Hubbard Twp. investigation
- Springfield Local Schools employee accused of trying to have sex with 8-year-old; FBI details what was found in car
- Marcia Blanche Nagy, New Castle, PA
- Mother pleads guilty to charges after toddler found alone in Mineral Ridge store parking lot