Blast during home geothermal heating installation in Ohio injures 3


LEBANON, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say an explosion in an Ohio home during installation of a geothermal heating system injured three workers, one seriously.

Fire officials in the Clinton-Warren Joint Fire District said the blast occurred in the basement of the Washington Township home just after 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Officials called it a “flash explosion” that caused a fire that spread to the main level of the residence.

Fire officials said three Jackson Geothermal employees were injured, one flown to a hospital with severe burns and another being treated for burns that weren’t severe.

Officials said family members were home at the time of the explosion but were uninjured.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending on