NEW CASTLE, Pa. (WKBN) – New Castle police found about $35,000 in drugs and almost $10,000 in cash during a search of a home Thursday afternoon.
The department’s Narcotics Bureau and the Lawrence County District Attorney’s Special Investigations Unit searched the house in the 100 block of E. Wallace Avenue around 2:30 p.m.
Officers arrested 21-year-old Michael Schmidt, who is facing several drug charges.
Inside the home, investigators found:
- Approximately 327 grams of cocaine
- Approximately 58 grams of heroin containing fentanyl
- Loaded Taurus PT .380 semi-automatic handgun
- $9,717 cash
- Hydraulic pill press machine
- 6 cell phones
- Digital scale with white powder residue
Police said the total street value of all the drugs they found is around $35,000.
Schmidt is charged with two counts of possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance, one count of persons (felons) not to possess firearms, two counts of possession of a controlled substance, and one count of possession of drug paraphernalia.