BOLIVAR PENINSULA, Tex. (CNN/KPRC) — Rocks from the Gulf of Mexico were pushed onto Highway 87 in Bolivar Peninsula of Texas blocking the roadway for drivers. It’s another visual example of how strong Hurricane Laura is.
Laura made landfall near Cameron, Louisiana early Thursday morning with winds of more than 150 miles per hour. It’s only 1 of 10 storms to ever make landfall with those kinds of winds.
- Bill would allow Ohio schools more time to give spring tests
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- Teacher had to lock sub out of Florida classroom after he attacked students, police say
- Easter-themed fundraiser will benefit Rowan’s Memorial Park
- Poland’s Kristin Fox honored by former Pittsburgh Steeler; lead doctor discusses her rehab