BOLIVAR PENINSULA, Tex. (CNN/KPRC) — Rocks from the Gulf of Mexico were pushed onto Highway 87 in Bolivar Peninsula of Texas blocking the roadway for drivers. It’s another visual example of how strong Hurricane Laura is.
Laura made landfall near Cameron, Louisiana early Thursday morning with winds of more than 150 miles per hour. It’s only 1 of 10 storms to ever make landfall with those kinds of winds.
- Pa. cancels all in-person programs events at state parks due to COVID spread
- Proceeds from holiday gift bags will go toward building Rowan Sweeney’s Memorial Park
- McGuffey Centre holds first-ever toy drive
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications
- Georgia runoff elections get attention from current, former White House residents