KENNER, La. — Louisiana authorities said three brothers are accused of raping a 10-year-old girl.
Raul and Wilmer Paz Perez were arrested Saturday and charged with first-degree rape of a victim under the age of 13.
Kenner police said Monday that Elder Paz Perez remains a fugitive.
Police said the brothers were alone with the girl on Sept. 9 and began making sexual advances towards her, offering money in exchange for sex.
Police said the girl refused and locked herself in the bathroom but they broke in and raped her.
Lt. Michael Cunningham, with Kenner police, said Monday that the three brothers were friends of the child’s family.
Police are asking local residents with information to come forward.
It’s unclear if the brothers have lawyers to speak for them. ICE detainers have been placed on both Raul and Wilmer Paz-Perez.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
More headlines from WKBN.com
- Highlights: Harding holds off Boardman to remain unbeaten
- California mom describes allergic reaction to Moderna vaccine
- Boardman woman’s life honored at girls basketball game
- Three soldiers killed in upstate NY military helicopter crash
- Area influential women discuss significance in Vice President Harris’ new role