YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Mahoning County Probate Judge Robert Rusu announced the names of the five candidates recommended to fill two seats on the Mill Creek MetroParks Board of Commissioners.
The screening committee interviewed seven candidates on Tuesday, and recommended the following people to Judge Rusu:
- James Callen, an attorney
- Lee Frey, former Canfield mayor and Canfield School Board member
- Raymond Jaminet, an architect
- Frank Nolasco, a Packard Electric retiree
- Thomas Shipka, a retired YSU professor
Sixteen candidates applied for the positions, and the screening committee was formed to review them. The committee is made up of 10 concerned citizens.
“My goal with the selection committee was to give greater input to the public in the choosing of the next park commissioners,” Rusu said in a statement.
Rusu will now personally interview each of the five candidates and choose the next two park commissioners.
He plans to make his decision by June 13 at the next monthly park board meeting.