WARREN, Ohio (WKBN) – For students in the City of Warren, Monday is the start of winter break meals.
Since March, nearly one million breakfasts and lunches have been given out across the district’s distribution sites.
Despite being on break, bus drivers and food service workers volunteered to work extra hours to help feed students.
Director of Business Operations John Lacy said it shows how committed their staff is to the children in the community.
“They came and said we want to continue to do this, and that really sent a really strong message and explains a lot about the character of our people here,” Lacy said.
Distribution dates over winter break are December 21, 22, 23, 28, 29 and 30.
From noon to 1 p.m., you can pick up meals at the following locations:
- Harding High School (main entrance)
- Jefferson PK-8 (side library door)
- Lincoln PK-8 (middle school entrance)
- McGuffey PK-8 (side delivery door)
- Willard PK-8 (rear cafe door)
There are also several community sites where you can find Warren City school buses full of meals:
- Emmanuel Lutheran Church (12-12:30 p.m.)
- Fairview Garden Apartments (12-12:30 p.m.)
- Highland Terrace Apartments (12:45-1:15 p.m.)
- New Freedom Missionary Baptist Church (12-12:30 p.m.)
- Renaissance Center (12-12:30 p.m.)
- Stonegate Apartments (12-12:30 p.m.)
- Warren Heights Apartments (12-12:30 p.m.)
More stories from WKBN.com: