MASSILLON, Ohio (WKBN) – Spectators were told on the public address system at the Warren JFK/New Bremen championship game to following social distancing guidelines and sit apart.
A stern warning came from the announcer and coaches.
Almost all spectators were seen wearing masks, but many were sitting close together.
“We have to spread out. We are getting calls from the governor’s office. Regardless of your feelings, I don’t care, spread out. This is about the kids, so everyone should have a number between you and we should be good and then cheer as loud as you can. Go Cardinals,” said the Bremen Cardinals Athletic Director.
The Division VII State Championship game is being played at Paul Brown Tiger Stadium in Massillon.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Ohio University revises plans for in-person commencement ceremonies
- ‘Neanderthal thinking,’ Biden says of ending state mask mandates in Texas, Mississippi
- Owner of Youngstown prison receives extension after contract with Marshals’ ends
- Home stuck in construction zone on I-77; ODOT plans to remove
- Watch: Officer seen on video swinging K-9 over his shoulder by leash