Early Wednesday morning, Warren firefighters responded to huge flames coming from a house on Wick Street.
The couple inside the house woke up to their bed on fire. Firefighters said the man went back inside to look for their cats.
He got stuck but a police officer — who was the first on the scene — heard his cries for help and went inside to rescue him.
The man was treated for smoke inhalation.
Watch the helmet cam video above to see the fire from a first responder’s point of view.
Video from Warren Firefighter Trevor Robison’s helmet camera.