SOUTHINGTON TWP., Ohio (WKBN) — A Southington family said they lost their four pets and their home in a fire on Thanksgiving.

It happened just before 5:45 p.m. Thursday at a home in the 2400 block of state Route 534.

Nicole Phillips said she and her husband had hosted family and friends for the holiday, and most of the guests had already left.

Phillips said all of a sudden, her husband heard a sound, went to the garage, and noticed the power was out, and then they saw an orange glow.

“In a couple minutes, I mean he was kind dragging me out of the house ’cause the smoke. I mean, in moments, the house was overtaken,” she said.

Southington Fire Chief Scott Bower said when firefighters arrived, they could see flames coming from the home.

“We called a second alarm very early into the incident to bring in more manpower, so that brought a total of 10 [departments] altogether between the first and second alarm,” said Bower.

Everyone made it out of the house safely, however, the family’s four cats did not.

Despite the devastation, Phillips is appreciative of all the people that rushed to help her family in their time of need.

“You know, it’s a big family holiday, and everybody can leave what they’re doing and come take care of someone they don’t even know. I mean, it’s just a miracle to have people like that, so very thankful for the firefighters and the disaster teams and just everybody that came out here.”

Investigators with the State Fire Marshal’s Office are looking into how the fire started.