SALEM, Ohio (WKBN) – A group in Salem is raising money to help the family of a close friend who died in a tragic motorcycle accident two months ago.
On Sunday, the Salem Italian American Club and the 330 Motorcycle enthusiast will host a poker run and pasta dinner in honor of Hannah Elizabeth Schnorrenberg.
Hannah, who was a fan of riding, was in a motorcycle accident two months ago. She passed away due to complications from her injury.
“I wanted to do this even when I found out she in a motorcycle accident. We’re in a pandemic so anything I can to help her family get through this time of need,” said Sierra Weingart, coordinator of the poker run.
The ride is set to begin at 12 p.m. Sunday at the Italian American Club, 250 Penn Ave.
In addition to the poker run, a pasta dinner will be served. A raffle and 50/50 drawing will also be part of the event.
Proceeds from the event will go to Hannah’s family to help with medical bills, tuition and funeral services.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Tracking a cold start to Sunday
- Highlights: LaBrae’s postseason run ends at Wickliffe
- Player of the Game: Poland’s Jack Fulton
- Poland rolls past Chagrin Falls; Bulldogs to host Ursuline in the regional semifinals
- Tigers still perfect: Springfield impressive in Round 3, cruising into Sweet 16