WARREN, Ohio (WKBN) – Three people have to temporarily live elsewhere after a fire damaged their home early Monday morning.

It happened just before 5 a.m. in the 800 block of Swallow Street SW in Warren.

When firefighters arrived, they found a fire on the second floor of the house.

Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly, but there is significant fire damage to a second-floor bedroom and smoke damage throughout the home.

Firefighters estimate it caused about $50,000 in damages.

Investigators with the State Fire Marshal’s Office are assisting with the investigation into how it started.

“They know it started in a second-floor bedroom, but what the source was, they’re not sure,” said Warren Fire Chief Ken Nussle.

All three people living in the home got out of the home unharmed.

The Red Cross was called to help them.