Report: Lighter fluid found by garage that caught fire in Warren

Local News
Fire Truck generic

Credit: Matt Gush/iStock/Getty Images Plus/Getty Images

WARREN, Ohio (WKBN) – Investigators believe arson is to blame for a fire in Warren Monday.

Crews were called just after 6 a.m. to the 800 block of Parkman Road on reports of heavy smoke in the area, but the fire was located in the 1000 block of Mason Street where a garage was on fire.

When the fire was out, damage could be seen on a small portion of the wall, which started from the ground up. Lying near the back wall was a can of lighter fluid, according to a police report.

The report did not indicate if anything was inside the garage.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending on WKBN.com