(WKBN) – Programs throughout the Valley are encouraging the community to give back to the environment by recycling their live Christmas trees at select locations.
You can take recycled trees to the following locations in Mahoning County, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays:
- Austintown – Austintown Township Park, 6000 Kirk Rd.
- Berlin Twp. – Berlin Township Building, 15823 W. Akron-Canfield Rd
- Campbell City – Roosevelt Park, Struthers-Liberty Road
- Canfield Twp. – Fire Station, 5007 Messerly Rd.
- Craig Beach/Milton Twp. – Next to Fire Station, 1979 Grandview Rd.
- Ellsworth Twp. – Fire Station, 6036 S. Salem-Warren Rd.
- Goshen Twp. – Maintenance Garage, 12649 Seacrist Rd.
- Green Twp. – Cemetery at State Route 165 and Beaver Creek Road
- Jackson Twp. – Township Building, 10613 Mahoning Ave.
- Lowellville Village – Street Department, 3 W. McGaffney
- New Middletown/Springfield – Recycling Center, 10720 Struthers Rd.
- Poland Twp. – Road Department, 7508 Clingan Rd.
- Smith Twp. – Smith Township Building, 846 N. Johnson Rd.
- Struthers City – Trees will be picked up at the curb
- Youngstown – CCA (former South Branch Library), 1771 Market St.
All decorations should be removed from trees. They’ll be collected through Jan. 31.
You can also take recycled trees to the following locations in Columbiana County:
- Butler Twp. – Township Building, 2974 Slater Rd.
- Rogers – Route 7
- Salem – Memorial Park
- St. Clair Twp. – Old St. Clair Township Building, 15446 E. Liverpool Rd.
- Wellsville – Village Building, 1200 Main St.
Trees will be accepted from Dec. 26 through Jan. 31.
Christmas cards, wrapping paper and flattened cardboard boxes are also accepted at the recycling sites.
According to ODNR, recycled trees are weighed down and used as natural fish habitat for wildlife in local lakes.
All trees must be cleared of decorations and stands.
In Trumbull County, live Christmas trees can be disposed of at Bob’s Tree Service at 1052 N. River Rd. in Warren, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. Trees without decorations will be accepted until Feb. 1.