AUSTINTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – A mother protecting her children from gunfire was hit in the leg.
The incident happened just before 5:30 p.m. Thursday at a duplex in the 500 block of Four Mile Run Road in Austintown.
According to police, the woman, three children and two men were inside the home when there was gunfire.
The woman took the kids and tried to hide but was shot in the leg, police said. She was taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital.
The two men took off.
It is not known who fired the shots.
This is a developing story. Check back here and tune in to WKBN First News at 10 and 11.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Medical ruling: Capitol cop Sicknick died of natural causes
- Pensions board votes to raise rates for 94K school employees in Pennsylvania
- Ohio board OKs large increase in medical pot dispensaries
- One-lane traffic begins Tuesday near Ohio Turnpike’s Eastgate Toll Plaza
- Split between 2 counties, issues arise with emergency response times in Washingtonville