LORDSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – The Hiram Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating an incident where a man died after apparently jumping from an overpass and landing on the Ohio Turnpike in Lordstown.
The incident happened about 7 a.m. Wednesday near gate 215.
Troopers say a semi driver swerved to miss the man and then stopped to pull him off of the road.
The man was taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown. On Thursday, Highway Patrol said he had passed away.
Investigators are not sure yet if his injuries were caused by the fall or if he was hit by another vehicle.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Meghan describes suicidal thoughts, anguish about hurtful discussions about son
- Crosby caps first-period outburst, Pens defeat Rangers
- Warmer tomorrow – how long does it last?
- Browns’ Switzer said 9-month-old son stable after surgery
- Youngstown State football player earns weekly Missouri Valley Football Conference award