BOARDMAN, Ohio (WKBN) – There will be two OVI checkpoints in Boardman Friday night.
The first was one will be set up at South Avenue near Matthews Road. It will run from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m.
The second checkpoint will be on Market Street near Ferncliff Avenue and will run from 1 a.m. to 3 a.m.
The checkpoints will be conducted by the Mahoning County OVI Task Force, funded by federal grants.
The checkpoints are in place to deter impaired driving.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Police say Greenville man sent nude photos to Grove City teen
- Highlights: Lowellville girls open season with big win over Campbell
- Ohio House passes bill allowing ‘With God’ to be part of state seal
- Youngstown Blue Coats holding another donation drive to benefit area’s homeless
- 102-year-old New York woman born during Spanish Flu pandemic beats COVID-19 twice