YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – The Ohio Supreme Court will not hear the appeal of a Howland woman convicted of murder.
This latest appeal takes issues with the April 2020 judgment of the Court of Appeals of Trumbull County, Eleventh Appellate District.
Roberts was convicted of aggravated murder in the 2003 killing of her ex-husband Robert Fingerhut. She was sentenced to death.
Her co-conspirator, Nathaniel Jackson, was also convicted in the case. Investigators said Roberts planned her husband’s killing to collect insurance money and got Jackson to carry it out.
Roberts maintains in her appeal that she didn’t plan her husband’s death and that she had inadequate counsel.
Roberts is the only woman in Ohio who is on death row.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- More sunshine for your Tuesday
- Police: Middletown mother confesses to killing 6-year-old son, shows little remorse
- Crash closes portion of Poland Ave. in Youngstown
- COVID-19 vaccines ramping up for another large group, are health departments ready?
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing