NILES, Ohio (WKBN) – On Friday, the Association of Fundraising Professionals Mahoning-Shenango Chapter honored philanthropists in Mahoning and Shenango Valleys.
For 32 years, this event has been held in honor of National Philanthropy Day, which is on Nov. 15. It recognizes the good that philanthropists have done in our community.
WKBN’s Stan Boney emceed the event.
Based on community recommendations, awards were gifted to honorees who have made an impact.
Here’s a list of those recognized:
- Outstanding Philanthropist – Leonard J. Fisher
- Outstanding Small Business Philanthropist – Crowe’s Cabinets
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser – Barbara Brothers
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraising Group – Third Source Committee of Holy Family Parish
- Legacy Award (presented posthumously) – Jeanne Deibel Tyler
- Special Recognition for Valley Impact – ACTION (Alliance for Congregational Transformation Influencing our Neighborhoods)
Tyler Adams is on the board for the Association of Fundraising Professionals. He says philanthropists’ good deeds can encourage others.
“So many people walk away going, ‘I didn’t know this even existed. I didn’t know I could do this with my time or my money or my efforts.’ So we always hope that people walk away a little more inspired than they were yesterday and continue that effort of giving and philanthropy,” Adams said.
Adams says the event brings well-deserved recognition to the philanthropists in our community.