AUSTINTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Austintown police are investigating a shooting but are dealing with some conflicting information.
Officers were called about 2:13 a.m. Sunday to St. Elizabeth Hospital where they talked to a gunshot victim who said he was shot while driving away from the Wedgwood Plaza Skate Park.
According to a police report, the man said he was leaving a party at the skate park when he heard gunshots and a bullet came through the passenger side window and hit him in the head.
The victim said he parked his car along Market Street in Youngstown, near his mother’s house, and was able to flag someone down to take him to the hospital.
Police were not able to locate the victim’s vehicle and did not find any broken glass or shell casings in the area where he said he was shot.
Police said the victim did not want to add any further details to his report.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Trumbull Co. Democratic Party takes part in National Day of Service
- Interest in Lowellville condos gains traction at information meeting
- Help agency celebrates 50 years, looks to evolve further to keep meeting community’s needs
- Poland Nutrition gives part of sales to Rowan Sweeney Memorial Park
- Ursuline posts win in Steel Valley opener