BOARDMAN, Ohio (WKBN) – Police arrested a man Thursday in a deadly shooting in Boardman.
Charles Sidberry is facing a murder charge in the shooting death of 19-year-old Issak Villarreal.
Officers arrested Sidberry on Yarmouth Lane in Boardman.
The shooting happened earlier this month near the Old Pizza Hut on South Avenue.
Police said Villarreal was pushed out of a car and left outside of Xtreme Clean Auto Spa Car Wash.
Villarreal was wearing a Wendy’s uniform, according to a police report.
Officers talked to the restaurant manager, who said Villarreal had been working there for about a month.
The manager said Villarreal had been working that night, but seemed to be “high” when he got to work that day, according to the police report.
Villarreal asked to go outside around 11:30 a.m. to get something from his mom, who was supposed to be dropping something off, the manager told police.
The manager didn’t realize anything was wrong until someone came into the restaurant and said there was someone in a Wendy’s uniform laying on the ground outside of the car wash.
Another manager described Villarreal as a good kid who didn’t cause any problems, police said.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- 75 COVID-19 vaccine doses available for walk-ins at Friday’s Boardman mall clinic
- Panera to host hiring events across Northeast Ohio
- Gender reveal party explosion rattles several New Hampshire towns
- Panel: End commanders’ power to block military sex cases
- ‘Abundantly clear that this decision is financially motivated,’ local coaches upset with OHSAA football playoff expansion