Corn dog-related fire forces 2 people, dog, from Youngstown home

Local News

Crews were called out just before 12 p.m. to a house at 235 E. Judson Ave.

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) — Firefighters say unattended hot oil caused a fire at a Youngstown home.

Crews were called out just before 12 p.m. Tuesday to a house at 235 E. Judson Ave. They were greeted with heavy smoke when they arrived.

It appears there are no injuries. Two people and a dog managed to get out.

A fire department spokesman said the blaze was caused after someone boiled oil to make corn dogs but left it unattended.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending on WKBN.com