SEBRING, Ohio (WKBN) – The Mahoning County Hazmat Team was called to a care facility in Sebring Friday to investigate a suspicious letter.
An inmate at the Stark County Jail mailed the letter to a worker there. That worker was off but another worker opened the letter and found white powder inside.
It turned out the substance was bleach.
The woman who opened the letter suffered bleach burns.
The inmate is now facing a charge of inducing panic.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Pirates cool off Hendricks, slip past playoff-bound Cubs 2-1
- Bieber lowers ERA to 1.63, Indians top White Sox 3-2
- Cloudy and mild for your Thursday
- Tesla network outage locks some customers out of app, car
- California to end sales of new gasoline-powered cars and trucks by 2035