SEBRING, Ohio (WKBN) – The Mahoning County Hazmat Team was called to a care facility in Sebring Friday to investigate a suspicious letter.
An inmate at the Stark County Jail mailed the letter to a worker there. That worker was off but another worker opened the letter and found white powder inside.
It turned out the substance was bleach.
The woman who opened the letter suffered bleach burns.
The inmate is now facing a charge of inducing panic.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Dogs rescued following Portage Co. drug raid had ingested marijuana
- Downside of ditching masks: Return of winter-like viruses, especially in kids
- Amid reform movement, some GOP states give police more power
- Ohio Vax-A-Million: It’s the last chance to register for final drawing
- Driver crashes into crowd at Pride parade in Florida; 1 dead