SEBRING, Ohio (WKBN) – The Mahoning County Hazmat Team was called to a care facility in Sebring Friday to investigate a suspicious letter.
An inmate at the Stark County Jail mailed the letter to a worker there. That worker was off but another worker opened the letter and found white powder inside.
It turned out the substance was bleach.
The woman who opened the letter suffered bleach burns.
The inmate is now facing a charge of inducing panic.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- A jury convicted R. Kelly; will his music face consequences?
- ‘I want to plant my roots deep here’: Cleveland Browns’ Myles Garrett honors grandmother with public mural
- Connecticut doctor’s license suspended for providing blank, signed vaccine exemption forms, health dept. says
- Hyundai recalls 100K more cars because faulty engines might catch fire
- Local high school football playoff picture taking shape