How are those New Year’s resolutions coming along?
At the Davis Family YMCA in Boardman, some people are keeping up with their New Year’s resolutions.
Studies show those resolutions begin to drop off after a week.
Chris Hughes, senior aquatic director at the Davis Family YMCA, has some tips on how to keep up with those goals.
Hughes said group fitness classes can be very beneficial to someone with weight-loss or fitness goals. She said many people are afraid to go to the gym by themselves or may not know how to start a work-out plan. Group classes can help.
She talked to us about what the YMCA has to offer. Watch the video above to learn more.
It’s not too late to refocus on your resolutions. The following tips from CBS News may help:
- Ditch the “resolution” concept. Rethink the idea of New Year’s resolutions or of trying to launch a complete “overhaul.”
- Focus on DOs, not DON’Ts.
- Instead of resolving to drop 10 or 20 pounds, which can feel like a steep mountain to climb, make your aim something positive, such as adding six servings of fruits and vegetables to your menu every day.
- Start small, then add more. It’s not necessarily realistic to pursue all your goals at once.
- Buddy up! Pick a partner with similar goals and help each other succeed.
If your New Year’s resolution is to get in shape, the Davis Family YMCA can help. For more information on the facility, visit youngstownymca.org or call 330-480-5656.