BEAVER COUNTY, Pa. (KDKA) — A man is now in custody after a high school football game was interrupted Friday night because of a police presence near the stadium where the game was being played.
Pittsburgh CBS affiliate KDKA reported that the stadium in Beaver County was evacuated as police looked for a man that was described as armed and dangerous.
A man with mental health issues ran into the nearby woods with a gun.
The lights from the stadium interfered with the night vision equipment, so fans were evacuated from the Rochester vs. Shenango game.
A person at the game told WKBN First News that players were locked down inside the locker rooms.
The game later resumed after the man was taken into custody.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Police say Greenville man sent nude photos to Grove City teen
- Highlights: Lowellville girls open season with big win over Campbell
- Ohio House passes bill allowing ‘With God’ to be part of state seal
- Youngstown Blue Coats holding another donation drive to benefit area’s homeless
- 102-year-old New York woman born during Spanish Flu pandemic beats COVID-19 twice