UNITY TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WKBN) – A woman from East Palestine was killed in a one-vehicle crash Friday in Unity Township.
The accident happened about 4:45 p.m. on State Route 170, south of Jimtown Road.
According to troopers, 33-year-old Ashley Pallotta was driving north when she lost control of the Mazda Protege she was driving, went off the right side of the road, hit a guardrail and went into a ravine.
The car hit a tree and culvert before coming to rest in the ravine.
Pallotta was taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Troopers say Pallotta was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash and that drugs appear to be a possible factor.
The crash is under investigation.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- One-lane traffic begins Tuesday near Ohio Turnpike’s Eastgate Toll Plaza
- Split between 2 counties, issues arise with emergency response times in Washingtonville
- Advocates ‘shocked’ to learn Biden considered keeping Trump’s cap on refugees
- Youngstown woman celebrates 104th birthday at Youngstown bingo hall
- Late baskets from Jacksons lead Pistons over Cavs, 109-105