Editor’s Note: This report has been updated to correct the spelling of the victim’s last name. 

GREENVILLE, Pa. (WKBN) – Three victims have been identified in a fatal fire at a home in Mercer County Friday morning, according to the Mercer County Coroner’s Office.

According to Mercer County Coroner John Libonati, the victims are Diana Mayes-Britton, 35 and twins Olivia Mayes and Jonathan Mayes. The twins were both 11 years old.

Libonati said that all three victims were found in a bedroom of the home and it is believed that they were trying to escape the house.

Firefighters said that one other person was seriously injured in the fire. They made it out of a second-floor window and were flown via medical helicopter to Allegheny Hospital.

“Really a sad day you know this is the first fatality we’ve had since 1996 in the town from the cause of the fire so it is very alarming,” said Jasson Urey, the Emergency Management Coordinator on scene.

Crews were called to the 400 block of South Main Street in Greenville shortly after 6 a.m.

Firefighters from East End, Jamestown, West Salem Township, Transfer, and Greenville are on scene. Pymatuning Township Police Department Is also on scene.

The Mercer County Coroner and State Fire Marshal are both investigating. The Fire Marshal said there is no overt signs of foul play and that the cause of the fire is being investigated. The coroner is still investigating the manner and cause of death of the victims.

Two of the victims were 11 year old twins. Greenville Schools Superintendent, Brian Tokar issued a statement today.

He explained how devastated the District is to hear of the losses. The district will focus on supporting everyone impacted including the family, students and staff. Now investigators will work to find out how this all started.

“What caused it to try to get to the cause and figure it out from there but we are very saddened as a community by these events,” said Urey.

A neighbor says he spotted the fire and called 9-1-1. He said he used a ladder to get three people out, but knew there were more people inside.

First Responders did everything they could.

“Firefighters did a tremendous job, it was fully involved when they arrived, they did the best that they could do to try to limit the number of fatalities,” said Urey.

At the moment investigators say there is no sign of foul play that led to the fire.

Don’t miss the next breaking news story. Sign up for breaking news email alerts below.

Gerry Ricciutti and Kristen McFarland contributed to this report.