A woman reported missing from Austintown 20 years ago has now been identified as the victim in a gruesome cold case murder in Utah.

According to the Utah Department of Public Safety, Lina Reyes-Geddes, of Austintown, has been identified as the unidentified woman who was found in 1998 along a road in Ticaboo, Utah with a fatal gunshot wound to her head.

Police say Reyes-Geddes’ body was wrapped in plastic and secured with duct tape. The body was inside a sleeping bag covered in a piece of carpeting. A passerby on the road discovered the body.

Since then, investigators had been trying to identify her.

According to KTVX, investigators say the suspect in her murder died by suicide in Nevada in the early 2000s. No other suspect(s) are in custody.

WATCH: Utah press conference on missing Austintown woman found dead

According to the Charley Project, an online clearinghouse of missing person cases, Reyes-
Geddes left Austintown (where she resided for two years) on April 8, 1998, and was supposed to travel to Dallas, Texas and then to Laredo, Texas. But, officials say she never made it there.

Her husband, who is now deceased, reported her missing to police six months after she left to travel to Texas, the Charley Project states.

With the help from Youngstown Police Department detectives, her family members in Mexico came forward for DNA testing.

After swabs were sent to investigators, the results showed it was, in fact, Reyes-Geddes’ body.

The Garfield County Sheriff’s Office said it is very grateful to finally be able to give the victim a name. They said they are also grateful for the State Bureau of Investigation for their help.

Authorities say the family finally has some peace of mind.

“For 20 years, they did not know what had happened to her and for them to know, even though, despite under these circumstances, they are grateful to have this closure,” said case agent Brian Davis.

Davis also said without the help of YPD putting her photo in the missing person database, they would not be where they are at today.

“Our photo that we released here of our victim, to connect to that photo out of Ohio, that was the key, was those photos being released at the same time, ironically enough,” Davis said.