YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Youngstown’s law director has ordered a downtown mural project stopped until the committee overseeing such projects makes a decision.
Artist Bob Barko is recreating the original front of the State Theatre on the facade that was left when the theatre was demolished, but such projects must be approved by Youngstown’s Design Review Committee.
A special virtual meeting on the issue is planned for Wednesday at 10 a.m.
Barko says he was approached by Law Director Jeff Limbian on Saturday and told to stop, which Limbian confirmed.
Barko also plans to erect his “Here in Youngstown’ mural next door to fill the hole left when the theater was torn down.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Police say Greenville man sent nude photos to Grove City teen
- Highlights: Lowellville girls open season with big win over Campbell
- Ohio House passes bill allowing ‘With God’ to be part of state seal
- Youngstown Blue Coats holding another donation drive to benefit area’s homeless
- 102-year-old New York woman born during Spanish Flu pandemic beats COVID-19 twice