YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – The Red Cross is helping a Youngstown family after a car fire spread to their house.
Crews were called just after 4 a.m. Tuesday to a house on Cambridge Street where they found a car on fire in a driveway.
The fire was so intense it melted the siding of the house and caught an electric meter on fire.
Sparks from the meter caused a small fire on an inside wall of the house.
The power was turned off and the family had to be evacuated.
No injuries were reported.
Damage was set at about $6,000 for the car and the house.