WARREN, Ohio (WKBN) – It was a startling way to wake up on Tuesday — a car crashed through the living room of a Warren townhouse.
It happened on Candlelight Drive SE just before 11:30 p.m.
Justyne Haught and her boyfriend were staying at a friend’s townhouse where it happened. She had just fallen asleep upstairs when she woke up to a loud noise.
“I woke up and thought the dog had knocked over something,” she said.
“I got halfway down the steps, and it was all foggy.”
Haught said she initially thought there was a fire, but it was from a car that drove right into the living room.
“That was very, very, very scary,” Haught said.
According to a police report, officers believe the driver came from Harvard Drive, shot straight across Candlelight Drive before hitting the sidewalk and slamming right into the front of the building.
“The car came pretty much all the way in the house. I didn’t even realize there was a car there until I came outside,” Haught said.
“The neighbors were outside, and they said somebody got out of the car and took off.”
Haught and her boyfriend weren’t hurt in the crash, but she has this message for whoever was behind the wheel:
“You should just be lucky nobody got hurt, and whoever you are, I hope that you’re not hurt either, but you should go turn yourself in.”
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Browns activate guard Chris Hubbard from COVID-19 reserve list
- Southern Park Mall preparing for Black Friday shoppers with safety measures in place
- Highway Patrol: Driver facing charges after 3-vehicle crash in Hubbard Twp.
- Pa. Gov. vetoes bills on firearms during emergency, gas drilling
- Actor Ed O’Neill joins Mahoning County Public Health for COVID-19 PSA