COITSVILLE, Ohio (WKBN) – A police chase near the Coitsville-Youngstown line ended with three people getting hurt.
Coitsville police said they tried to stop a vehicle for suspected drinking and driving on US 422 Thursday night.
According to the report, the vehicle sped off, sending police on a chase that ended when the driver of the suspected vehicle crashed into another car on McCartney Road, near the intersection of Keystone Avenue in Youngstown.
Two people in the suspect’s car were hurt along with one person in the other vehicle. Everyone involved was taken to Mercy Health main campus in Youngstown for injuries.
Investigators said the driver, Robert Lee Weaver III, faces several charges, including fleeing and eluding.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- US Space Force deploys to vast new frontier: Arabian Desert
- Bank shares tumble after reports of rampant money laundering
- Ginsburg’s death puts Roe v. Wade on the ballot in November
- Newsfeed Now: Tracking Beta; Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Pennsylvanians warned about reported lottery scam