COITSVILLE, Ohio (WKBN) – A police chase near the Coitsville-Youngstown line ended with three people getting hurt.
Coitsville police said they tried to stop a vehicle for suspected drinking and driving on US 422 Thursday night.
According to the report, the vehicle sped off, sending police on a chase that ended when the driver of the suspected vehicle crashed into another car on McCartney Road, near the intersection of Keystone Avenue in Youngstown.
Two people in the suspect’s car were hurt along with one person in the other vehicle. Everyone involved was taken to Mercy Health main campus in Youngstown for injuries.
Investigators said the driver, Robert Lee Weaver III, faces several charges, including fleeing and eluding.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Browns activate guard Chris Hubbard from COVID-19 reserve list
- Southern Park Mall preparing for Black Friday shoppers with safety measures in place
- Highway Patrol: Driver facing charges after 3-vehicle crash in Hubbard Twp.
- Pa. Gov. vetoes bills on firearms during emergency, gas drilling
- Actor Ed O’Neill joins Mahoning County Public Health for COVID-19 PSA