YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – The husband and wife from Canfield accused of embezzling from a local property owner are free on bond.
Prosecutors say Kenny Stanton and his wife Erica run KEL Property Management. They both appeared in court Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to grand theft charges.
Investigators say the couple was hired to operate an apartment in Boardman but instead pocketed thousands in rental payments. They also misused a company credit card to buy items for themselves, according to prosecutors.
Both are set for trial in December.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Former Pirates fan favorite announces retirement from baseball
- Roberta Jane Beaumont, Salem, Ohio
- Trumbull County grand jury declines to indict man in fatal accident involving granddaughter
- Biden aims for momentum as US returns to climate fight
- Burning Man mulling mandatory COVID-19 vaccines for August