CANFIELD, Ohio (WKBN) – A husband and wife from Canfield and their company are now being charged with embezzling from a local property owner.
Kenny and Erica Stanton, and their business KEL Property Management, were indicted this week on grand theft charges.
Prosecutors say the Stantons had been hired to manage an apartment complex but pocketed rent they collected and used a credit card they were issued to purchase personal items, including groceries.
Prosecutors say the total amount embezzled is close to $125,000.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Biden says Trump should attend inauguration to demonstrate commitment to peaceful transfer of power
- Jobs report will show how much pandemic is squeezing hiring
- Americans couldn’t resist Thanksgiving travel, data shows
- US intelligence director says China is top threat to America
- Texas high school football player attacks referee