FOWLER, Ohio (WKBN) – The suspect from Wednesday’s shooting in Fowler was arraigned Friday.
Bond was set at $500,00 for William Gambino, Jr. He is accused of shooting William Blake in a fight over money.
Police say Gambino wanted money from Blake and at some point, the conversation turned violent and Gambino took out a pellet gun and shot Blake several times.
Investigators said Blake charged Gambino, and that’s when Gambino took out a real firearm and shot Blake multiple times in the torso and neck area.
Gambino faces several charges, including felonious assault and aggravated robbery.
Blake is still in the hospital in critical condition.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Big 22 Contender: Get to know Wilmington’s Weston Phanco
- James Randi, dazzling magician and skeptic, dies at 92
- Warming into the 70’s Thursday
- Big 22 Contender: Get to know Poland’s Nate Williams